Bryce's Movement Engine¹
A downloadable game for Windows
Bryce's Movement Engine¹ is a retro-style, niche, abandonware-era platform game, covering 12 zones of colorful, vibrant action, arcade sequences, boss fights and hidden secrets! Score points for goodies and beat your friends to high scores (thanks Steam leaderboards!) and achieve all the achievements to be the envy of your peers!
Be prepared for a trip into yesteryear! Bryce's Movement Engine¹ is an MSDOS Ware meets Post-Trainwreck-era game set in the halcyon days of 1998! Bryce has discovered a time portal in his Big Game Maker™ Box and has uses it to return to 22 years ago when Big Game Maker™ was released!
In a not-entirely-unfamiliar area of an East Virginia-come-New South Wales-come-classic entertainment culture surroundings, he jumps, falls, runs and jetgasses himself around twelve (count them!) zones of nostalgic platforming and arcade action. Be the game!
An all-new classic adventure! BME¹ is the ultimate tribute to a mega-cool era of awesome gaming!
- Think Skunny, Super Bubsy, Wizkid II, Apogee and DOS-era freeware!
- Dozens upon dozens of Web 1.0 game development in-jokes and obscure references!
- Anti-heroic protagonist with an adorably utilitarian personality!
- Original country-jazz AOR/MOR soundtrack!
- Super slick gameplay on Windows! Modern graphical upgrades and smooth 60fps motion!
- Occasional pop culture references to late-nineties television and late-eighties music!
- World map! Long forgotten but sorely missed yet irrelevant high-scores! Both platforming and old-skool arcade gameplay mechanics!
- Painstakingly sentimental recreation of level designs from an esoteric freeware game series!
|Made with||Clickteam Fusion|
|Tags||2D, Comedy, Funny, Pixel Art, Retro, Singleplayer|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Gamepad (any), Playstation controller|
|Links||Steam, Steam, Twitter, YouTube, Homepage, Soundtrack, Facebook|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- First release!Jan 17, 2020
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.